Tuesday, May 29, 2012

My dearest Grandpa, 

I love you! 

I love you SO much. 

If I could have one wish, it would be that you were still the strong, healthy, cowboy hat wearing man, who always called me "Diner"...
 
the man who worked hard, laughed out loud watching Hee Haw, and created all kinds of things with his hands and tools...
 
the man who grew orchids, planted a garden of food, and laid an irrigation system with water that smelled of sulfur and let his grandchildren "help"...
 
the man who proudly attended the Independence bay parade each year, who loved his country, who serve it admirably...
 
the man who was so kind and gently to his grandchildren, who lovingly guided them, who taught them what a true man is. 

How can I say goodbye? 

I don't want to say goodbye. 

I want you to live forever. I cry, but I am comforted in knowing that you know the Lord, and you will live forever. 

If I can't see you again on this side of Heaven, I will see you there. 

I love you, Grandpa. 

                                                                Love Always, "Diner"

No comments:

Post a Comment