Sometimes my soul goes searching
as if I think I could
perchance find him exploring
secluded distant wood.
I mostly see him on the plains
(my most compelling dream)
easing faithful horse's reins
beside a quiet stream.
At night he tends a soothing fire,
holds converse with its embers;
then wraps himself in starry skies
and never once remembers.
Once I saw him on his horse
ranging through some lowlands
engaged in lively camp discourse
with a group of cowhands.
He turned his head and looked my way
but did not see my ghost.
He was searching for a stray
along that cowherd coast.
But when I looked upon his face
I could not keep the tears
from falling through a gentle grace
that I had loved for years.
Oh so good... I remember Uncle Boy as one of the sweetest Uncles. He was really kinda quiet, but get him on a subject he liked or knew a lot about and he would talk! He was loved by all!!!
ReplyDeleteJanice Prescott Griffith Hightower, his neice